In light of today's level of technology & communication (and of course the economy), we thought we'd share a top ten list with you regarding why it's so important to have a website if you are a small business, entrepreneur, artist, job seeker - anything, really. All sales talk aside and in all seriousness - you really can't afford not to have a website. Here's why:
10. Cost Effective Advertising: you don't have to pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars to advertise your products or services on your website, unlike paying for an ad in the yellow pages, newspaper, direct mail, TV or even radio.
9. Online Selling: sell your products or services on your website. Easily set up an online store that you can update, change and reorder to your heart's content.
8. Location, Location, Location: you can set your website up to be "located" anywhere you want. Using search engine optimization techniques, you can target your city, your entire state, or even the entire world. A website increases your geographic range.
7. Awesome Versatility: a website can be a business website, an online store, an artist portfolio, a gallery, a resume, or even an educational website. A website can be whatever you want it to be.
6. Marketing Tool: a website is one of the cheapest and most effective forms of marketing your products or services. It can greatly increase your customer base in ways that networking, cold calling or having a brick-and-mortar location simply can't.
5. Communication: Make announcements, post some news, start discussions and even get feedback from your customers. Used in tandem with Twitter and Facebook, your sales, announcements, news and press releases will go much, much further than printing out a few hundred fliers.
4. Be Findable: A website can help potential customers or other interested parties find you. If a customer finds you online before they find another local service, they're most likely to choose you. If your competition doesn't have a website, this gives you a huge advantage.
3. Create a brand: With a website, you can completely control your brand and the experience potential customers or users will have when they visit. You can define your target demographic in a way that no other form of marketing can by attracting the specific types of people you want.
2. First Impressions: In any interaction having to do with people, first impressions are made in a matter of seconds. With a website you can control what that first impression is down to the tiniest detail. The best websites take advantage of this.
1. It's Always On: Unlike any other kind of advertising, marketing or PR, a website is always available to the public. Visitors can be attracted to your website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. For the cost of designing and developing a website and minimal hosting charges, that kind of advertising is priceless - and that's why it's our number one reason why you should have a website.
Questions? Comments? Don't hesitate to leave a comment below. Thanks for reading!
Posted on Wed, June 2, 2010
by Arora Designs filed under